Friday, May 14, 2010

5 months old today!

Oh my god, the months are flying by! I cannot believe Owen was born 5 months ago. He is such a big guy these days - weighed in at 17 pounds, 6 ounces on Tuesday at his check. He is developing just perfectly, said the health visitor (the people who run the baby clinics). He is staying happily in around the 70th percentile of little baby boys.

Owen got his first bottle of half-formula-half-breast-milk today. I'm going to start a very slow process of weaning him to make it the least traumatic for mom and baby. He was totally fine with me giving him the bottle and was even holding it himself! What a cutie. This afternoon we did baby salsa, which thoroughly entertains Owen. Seeing his mommy try to dance salsa is funny anyway - add a 17 pounder strapped to her chest and it's freakin' hysterical.

Unfortunately, teething is causing a bit of chaos for us these days. Owen doesn't understand why his mouth hurts and he's been super cranky this week. I am predicting one of his bottom teeth come in first as I feel like I can see one just under the surface. Of course, it's pretty hard to get the baby to open wide so you can check out his gums!

Stay tuned for some cute photos of our little guy. He is such a great stander these days - he'll be running around before we know it.

Happy Friday! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment