Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas story #1

Owen had a great Christmas in New Jersey! It lasted a little longer than we had originally planned due to the Armagedon-type snow storm (2 feet!), but he loved seeing his Grandpa, Aunt Gwen, Uncle Jim, Cousin Matthew and other NJ family!

Owen and his cousin Matthew made what was a really painful time for my family so much more bearable. We all missed my Mom so much - her absence was overwhelming and completely unreal, even 4 more months later. I kept expecting her to pop around the corner on Christmas Eve and clean up some dishes or say something to me or Gwen or dance to her favorite Christmas songs (which I can't bear to listen to) or pour herself some wine. Count your blessings today, everyone, because things can change so fast. One year ago we were celebrating the birth of Owen with my parents in London. Mom was pulling night shifts for me so I could get some sleep. She would make me food, clean my kitchen floor, do the laundry, tell me stories of when I was a baby, and generally take care of me and the baby while Jason was at work. It was an amazing and blessed time. I had no idea it would be the last happy and care-free time I had with my mother. I am so lucky I had that time with her - that was my blessing.

In New Jersey, Owen was happy and sweet and impressed everyone by walking a few steps and 'mooing' when asked what a cow says. Owen loves the cat. Whenever he saw Simba he said "Ca-Ca", which I was pretty impressed by (my child is clearly a genius). He loves opening up presents, one little piece at a time, and then playing with the paper. Or, getting paper poured all over him:





Owen also still loves Mickey Mouse! He got several for Christmas... below is Owen staring down the dancing Mickey he got from Grandpa. It's insane! We will definitely take pics of him and all his Mickeys later.

And because I'm mean (festive?), I dressed my adorable little guy up in a Santa costume on Christmas day. He was beyond cute.
So many more cute pictures... I'll post more later.

Also, we have Christmas #2 this afternoon with Grandma and Grandpa in Ohio, and then tomorrow is Christmas morning! Yes, it's also December 31... a few days late. We probably won't get away with that in the future but Owen hasn't complained yet!

More updates and photos later. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment