Monday, February 08, 2010

8 weeks old!

I can't believe our little guy is 8 weeks old today. Almost exactly 8 weeks, as he was born at 7:11pm, so in about half hour just 56 days ago. Wow! Here's Owen getting ready to watch the superbowl. Well, so he didn't so much watch it. Also, he pooped in this outfit before we even got close to kick off.

He has officially outgrown his Moses basket. This morning when we woke up, his head was all the way at the top of the basket. Tonight we start trying to get him to sleep in his pack n play instead of the basket. Fingers crossed! He is currently napping in the pack n play... but it's only been 10 minutes so I'm not holding my breath yet. (:
Tomorrow is Owen's first big doctor's appointment. He will get his first round of immunizations... should be fun. Dad is coming along to the appointment to give both Mom and baby moral support. None of us forget how Mom handled the circumcision (not well).
Owen is becoming more and more fun every day. He is smiling more and it never fails to completely and utterly melt our hearts when he does. What is not quite as cute are the poop explosions... I had the pleasure of one at Starbucks today that required a complete outfit change. Luckily I was there with a friend who could watch my stuff when I booked it for the bathroom with baby and diaper bag. Then he peed on me TWICE when we got home while I was changing him. Who would expect the second pee? After it happens once I generally feel pretty confident letting my guard down. Mistake. Ah, parenthood.
The boss is still napping, so I'm going to lay down on the couch. Uh 0h, heard a whine and saw a flailing arm. Off to check it out. x


No comments:

Post a Comment