Friday, February 26, 2010

Big Scream

Hi all, sorry it has been so long since my last post! Check out Owen's 10 week photo on the right - what a cutie!!

As of Tuesday, Owen weighed in at 13 pounds and 2 ounces, creeping up into the 50th percentile for boys. Go little man! He's also firmly in 3-6 month clothing, although some of the 0-3 are still hanging on... likely to be retired soon. We are also making some good progress on the sleep front. Last night he slept for his longest single period ever - 5 hours and 20 minutes!!! Wow. Several other times this week he'd slept for a bit over 4 hours, which I was pretty happy about. Thanks Owen! Makes Mom's life easier when you let her sleep for longer!

Yesterday, Owen went to the movies for the first time. A local cinema - about a 25 minute walk from our flat - has an event they call the Big Scream every Thursday morning. They show current movies and offer entry (at normal matinee prices) to moms with babies under 1 year old. It's fantastic! I saw the Lovely Bones. There were at least 50 moms and babies in the room... at some points it was eerily quiet, but at others there would be many kids screaming. Hysterical. Such a great way to see movies that are out but that I generally have no hope of going to. I'll definitely be going back next Thursday!

Right now Owen is 'watching' cartoons. I recently added the kids channels onto our cable package, so I don't feel as bad when Owen stares at the TV and it's something inappropriate for little babies on. I am enjoying learning about all the kids shows, an education started by Miss Molly with Dora and Handy Manny. (: Thanks Molly!

That's all for now. Hope everyone has a good weekend. I, as usual, am psyched because weekends mean Dad help during the day (I qualified 'day' because Dad is very, very helpful at night during the week when he gets home).

xo

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to need to learn more about Handy Manny....

    love the smile picture! what. a. cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cousin Molly and Claire also recommend Mickey Mouse Club House and Little Einsteins! They love the Disney Channel :)

    Glad he is sleeping better for you...it will only improve from here!!

    Miss you guys!
    Nicole, Molly, Claire and Baby Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that he has his own Brigitta.

    ReplyDelete