Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Coming to America

Good news... we've booked our plane tickets home so pretty soon little Owen will be meeting the rest of his family! He can't wait!!

Owen was not impressed with his mom on Tuesday. I took him to the doctor to get his 12 week shots. Poor little guy was completely asleep in my arms when the first jab came. He SCREAMED bloody murder... I calmed him down just in time for the second one. He was so upset, I fed him for a few minutes, then took him to the clinic to get weighed, which entails me stripping him naked. Owen was not a happy camper. But, he is getting fatter and cuter (if possible)! Owen now weighs 14 pounds, 5 ounces. The health visitor (the people who run the clinic) was disbelieving that I am only breast feeding as Owen started out in the 25th percentile in weight and is now almost in the 75th percentile. Go little man!

Here's our little rock star wearing a drummer shirt given to him by Grandpa Dan. Is he a future sports guy? Or a band guy? Not sure if this means anything in that regard, but he puked on the shirt moments after I put it on (and seconds after the picture was taken). (:

One more thing... last night Owen stayed in his bed for over 7 hours. Holy crap! I got him out of bed when he started fussing, fed him and put him back, where he's now been for another 1.5 hours so far. I need to adjust his sleep (he currently goes to bed at midnight and sleeps with a food break till about 10) but will wait until after the US trip. Jet lag will not be fun. An 8 hour plane ride with an infant... oh good lord....

1 comment:

  1. He is getting cuter- though it is tough to believe. I see more of his mother in him now. And I love his mini-teenager outfits the best. Hopefully you'll have time to at least grab coffee while you're in Ramsey because I would love to meet the little guy. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete