Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekend - move & sad news from an old friend.

First - some happy news. We moved into our house this weekend, which was just amazing. It's so nice to have a whole big house all to ourselves! Owen is adjusting well and actually slept pretty good both nights so far. I am loving unpacking and organizing all my clothes - finally in one place after many, many years scattered - in my giant walk-in closet. Jason has his own walk-in closet, smaller than mine but still way bigger than the amount of clothes he has!

Unfortunately, I got some sad news that an old dear friend from high school's dad passed away on Sunday from a short and terrible battle with cancer. He was only diagnosed in August. Here's her blog: http://theclous.blogspot.com/. She was very close to her father and he was a wonderful, generous person who took care of himself really well throughout his life. He was 61.

In case anyone hadn't realized this - cancer is one of the worst ways to go.

The past year has changed me so much... I feel like I was living in a happy little bubble and the possibility of losing my parents was just so far in the future... I just kind of assumed I'd have them until they were old and crickety. Losing my mom not only shattered that bubble, but made me realize how many people go through this and how awful it really is. I've told so many people to have them say that they lost a parent at a young age, or their spouse has. It's so sad. I'm still mad... I look at little old ladies and just don't understand why that can't be my mom. It's just not fair. And even so, I know how lucky I am that my Mom got to see me get married, and got to meet Owen, especially since the few weeks she spent with me in December and January were her last healthy, care-free weeks.

Anyway - send all your happy positive thoughts to NJ for my friend Ericka please. And if you have spare ones pass them along to my family too. x

No comments:

Post a Comment