Sunday, August 30, 2009

3 day weekends = gooooood.

Hello! I had a doctor's appointment on Friday and all was ok. I got to hear baby's heartbeat, always nice to get definitive proof it's still in there (besides exploding belly! see new bump pic on the right!)

Yesterday we made huge progress in baby-stuff-buying. Well, considering we hadn't really bought anything, progress is relative. We got up super early (for me, for a Saturday) and headed up to Oxford Street to John Lewis, one of the big British department stores with a good baby section. We finally have a place for the little peanut to sleep. We bought a Moses basket, very cute. I was envious of all the beautiful cribs... but that's for later, I suppose. We got a bunch of feeding stuff, bathing stuff, clothes and lots more. Only a start as we still have tons left, but I feel much better now. We also spent a lot of time with one of the sales people and looked at prams (strollers for you Americans) - I think we are pretty close to choosing one.

Today we are both beat so just hanging out at home. We were supposed to go to Cambridge but yesterday's exciting day plus the gloomy looking sky gave us a good enough excuse to postpone to another time. Not next weekend though - we are off to Mallorca (a Spanish island) for a week starting on Thursday! Speaking of island... I had to find a bathing suit. Finally bought one yesterday. Think of how painful bathing suit shopping is anyway. Now imagine it when you are 6 months pregnant. Ugh.

How far along?: 24 weeks plus 3 days
Total weight gain: Let's just say I've still got hope that I'll stay within the 25-35 pound recommended weight gain.
Pregnancy symptoms: New category that I should have had to begin with. Back pain - yesterday's excitement ended in my back aching like crazy... not sure what's going on with that. Feel better now but was still achy when I got up this morning.
Sleep: Pretty good.
Movement: Jason finally felt the baby! Friday night baby kicked me twice pretty hard so I had Jason zoom over and low and behold, baby did it twice more for Dad. Was really great.
Food cravings/ weird crap I'm eating: Sometimes I get insanely thirsty and have to down something cold and sweet - a sports drink called Lucozade has been my favorite.
Gender: Husband think it's going to be a girl (not the terrifying part) who will worry him for the next 20 years (definitely the terrifying part). I am on the girls name section of the baby name book, so who knows. We are going to have our first name conversation in Spain next week!
What I miss: Again, my old legs. My dad used to say that I'd never be a panty-hose model - due to all the scars I had on my legs from being a rowdy kid - but now it's particularly true. Pregnancy has not been nice to my legs at all. ): The doctor even kind of cringed when I showed her on Friday. She was like, "already?" Hoping they go back to 'normal' after baby comes.
Best moment this week: Definitely baby kicking for Dad!
Weekly Wisdom: Walking all day = bad for legs. Legs elevated = good.
Milestones: If baby was born today, it could possibly survive with lots of extra care. But let's stick around in there for another 3+ months, baby!

-Chris

Random comments from dad-to-be:
(1) One thing Chris has failed to mention is how hot she gets these days. Totally random, and definitely entertaining for me considering how cold she always was before pregnancy. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for her and am totally sympathetic, but I'm definitely hoping this new temperature thing lasts after the baby arrives. Would love to avoid a temperature war like some people we know!
(2) Baby kicking was simply awesome. Nuff said.

5 comments:

  1. GREAT POST and GREAT PICTURE! So glad that Jason felt baby move! Isn't it AWESOME??? Love to B.V. Auntie Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are sooooo adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the updates. Chrissy, you are so far away and this keeps me closer. Love ya, Mom K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! glad Dad finally got to high five the little one! have a blast in Mallorca - get yourself a great beach chair to elevate those legs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Jason...I was hotter than hell too when I was pregnant and am back to freezing all of the time. The good news for Chris is that when the baby comes she can keep the house at a normal temperature and can blame it on the baby :) We love the updates! Thanks for sharing! Love, Nicole, Greg, Molly and Claire

    ReplyDelete