Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Sunday!

Hello! I've been quiet this week, very busy at work with projects and upcoming launches. Baby isn't really a big fan of me working longer hours....

Mostly I'm feeling really good, still just tired, and also a bit hot these days due to the lack of air conditioning in this country. I'm getting a bit more awkward sized and have a slightly difficult time getting off the couch. Oh, and my back has started to be a bit achy. Other than all of that, everything is great! (:

I have a doctor's appointment on Friday with my GP (general practitioner). I'm on what they called 'shared care' over here, which means I alternate seeing the midwives with seeing my GP. The GP I saw before left the practice so I'm seeing a new one on Friday. The one thing I don't like about the maternity system here so far is there isn't 1 doctor or 1 midwife who really knows me well as I am often seeing new people, as opposed to the US system where you see your own doctor regularly who knows you well and who will deliver your baby. My next appointment with the midwife my key question is - who will deliver my baby??? Imporant thing to know, I think.

Anyway, here's our weekly update:

How far along?: 23 weeks plus 3 days
Total weight gain: MYOB
Sleep: Fine, although turning over is getting to be more cumbersome due to growing belly.
Movement: Still wigglin' along. Next challenge is trying to get Dad to feel baby... yesterday at least 5 different times during the day I made Jason run over and put his hand on my belly... but the little one is not yet cooperating. I feel it move every day, but I don't always feel it from the outside.
Food cravings/ weird crap I'm eating: I'm changing the title of this section, mostly due to the cookie-dough flavored milk from last week. So hubby just reminded me the weird thing I did this week was to put chocolate chips in my cinnamon-flavored oatmeal. Gives it a nice kick! Ew, also ate McDonalds last night... so gross.
Gender: Who knows! Jason has finished with the baby book and has his name list all ready, so as soon as I get mine together we will start having the name conversation. Fun!
What I miss: My waist and my old legs which were thinner and had more muscle.
What I am looking forward to: Name conversations! And, our trip to a nice Spanish island in less than 2 weeks. Last big trip pre-baby! What I am NOT looking forward to is going bathing suit shopping today for said trip...
Best moment this week: Baby moving around while I'm trying to concentrate at work, completely distracting me from what I'm trying to do!
Weekly Wisdom: Baby does not always follow directions (i.e. 'kick for dad!'). Precursor of things to come?
Milestones: Only 4 more weeks of the 2nd trimester!

-Chris

1 comment:

  1. getting far along now! I'm sure you'll be relieved for cooler weather...august has been terrible here until yesterday, a little taste of fall. yay. love to all vonderhaars, big and small!

    ReplyDelete