Sunday, September 20, 2009

I love the couch.

Hi all! It was a good but long week for us. Back to work for the full week... tough. Jason has been working some pretty tough hours, and mine haven't been exactly easy (for me, anyway).

Yesterday we went to see Ben Hur Live at the O2 Centre. It was.... different. The best part might have been the chariot race at the end of the performance, but 'best' is a strong word, probably. Anyway, something different to do on a Saturday afternoon! We also went to Harrods yesterday to spend a few gift certificates left over from the wedding. Was really good fun! Had a long walk and that was us done for the day. Exhausting! Today we are looking forward to a really nice relaxing day at home. I have an exhaustion hangover.

Here's my update:

How far along?: 27 weeks, 3 days
Total weight gain: A pound more than last week. Like clockwork.
Pregnancy symptoms: getting slower. Sometimes when I'm on my feet for too long or walking too fast I feel a stitch or little bit of pressure right below my bump. That's when I know I need to slow up and sit down.
Sleep: Not too bad. Slept 10.5 hours last night and it was awesome. Made it 8 hours without a bathroom break!
Movement: Lots of movement! Felt and saw some good kicking last night while we watched a movie. It was Drumline and I think the baby liked the drumming. (:
Food cravings/ weird crap I'm eating: Can't think of anything crazy, although I'm sure my husband would have something to add here.
Gender: These days we are trying calling the baby a different name every day, to see what kind of ring it has to it. We're not making too much progress in the name department, but we still have a few months to get there.
What I miss: Having more than a few shirts and a few pairs of pants that fit me.
Best moment this week: spending £200 in gift cards at Harrods. Some useful baby stuff but mostly fun baby stuff. There were definitely smurfs involved. (: Oh yeah, and I'm looking at a bouquet of nice sunflowers Jason brought home last week. Nice husband!
Weekly Wisdom: when you buy a delicious pastry with your husband, do not, I repeat, do not eat it all the next morning without offering half (or even a bite) to said husband. It will get you in trouble, baby or no baby.
Milestones: baby could start dreaming this week. Baby is probably 2 and a quarter pounds and almost 15 inches from head to heels. Cute!

-Chris

2 comments:

  1. It is blowing my mind right now that your baby can dream!! what would it dream about? DELICIOUS PASTRIES, THAT'S WHAT!

    We saw District 9 last night, which definitely makes for bizarre dreams. I would not recommend it for Baby V.

    *just saw the yawning picture* - that is absurdly cute. I CAN'T TAKE IT!

    love you guys (all three of you)

    allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey, Sister Sister and BIL! Ah yes, the couch...........ah yes, slowing down. Even if you're up for doing that "extra something", baby will remind you in entertaining ways to SLOW the heck down! :) Keep the Sunday updates coming! Practice yelling potential baby names across the flat, see how you like the "ring" of it! "B.V.! Time for dinner!" LOVE YA! hugs to B.V.!

    ReplyDelete