Monday, December 21, 2009

1 week birthday!

Our little man is 1 week old today! It has been an amazing adventure so far and Jason and I fall in love with Owen more and more each day. He is seriously adorable, even when he is screaming bloody murder at 4am. Yeah, I had a rough few hours last night, to the point I woke dad up earlier than I would have wanted because I was having a meltdown. All part of new parenthood, right?

While Owen is doing great - he only lost 1 ounce from his birthweight as of Saturday - Mom is in a fair amount of pain. Bless this country and home visits... the midwife didn't like the look of my stitches so 2 doctors came to our flat to check me out. I won't go into the dirty details, but they prescribed me actual painkillers (as opposed to the usual recommended paracetemol, which was doing NOTHING for the pain) and said it'll be a few more weeks until I feel better. Ugh. I thought labor was going to be the hard part (it was) and then it would be easy, at least easy on my body? Apparently not.

Anyway... gotta run, hungry baby to feed. Hope everyone is well! Happy Christmas week!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, sorry to hear you're not feeling a 100% yet. The baby picture is too adorable. Might want to take his bday down though for the sake of his future bank accounts and google cache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! THAT IS AN ADORABLE PICTURE OF OWEN! HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER. GWEN

    ReplyDelete