Sunday, December 06, 2009

Full time mum! (only thing missing is the baby...)

Getting very close now! Here's our weekly update, with a bonus giant belly shot. I am now officially a full time mum for the next 7 or so months, so hopefully I'll be able to update the blog more often... I will try to continue to do so once baby is born so everyone can keep up with our little bundle of screaming joy.

How far along?: 38 weeks, 4 days
Total weight gain: Weight gain is a state of mind.
Pregnancy symptoms: Tired, slow, awkward. Fat ankles and feet when I stand too much during the day. Baby brain. Pre-occupation with how dramatically our lives our going to change in the next few weeks.
Movement: Yup. Less frequent, more forceful. A foot/knee that regularly juts out of the upper left corner of my uterus.
Food cravings/ weird crap I'm eating: Nothing interesting, although I'm excited that I get to eat mince pies soon because it's Christmas time. Yay British holiday treats.
Gender/ names: Dad has a feeling, I don't. Who the heck knows! Oh, there IS one person who knows - the woman who did our second ultrasound scan.
What I miss: Tieing my shoes with ease.
Best moment this week: Finishing work for the next 7 months. Gotta love the UK and P&G being so family friendly!
Weekly Wisdom: If you're pregnant, shopping online is a godsend. No Oxford Street for me, thank you very much!
Milestones: Our baby has a firm grasp now. I think the only thing in there to grasp is its umbilical cord, but pretty soon it will be able to grab onto mom and dad's fingers!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! Looking forward to more frequent blog updates! I LOVE the profile shot! I so want to pat the B.V. belly! "AUNTIE GWEN LOVES YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH AND CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU! SMOOCHES TO YOU AND YOUR MOM AND DAD!" xoxoxoxo Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...nothing makes you tired like BUILDING A WHOLE OTHER HUMAN BEING!!! Its a freaking miracle. xxxxoooo to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the new belly shot!! yep that's a full term baby in there!! can't wait for details in the next day or two (ok that's being optimistic but why not??) :)
    Regan xoxo

    ReplyDelete