Sunday, October 04, 2009

In my 30th week!

Hi! We are having a really relaxed, lazy Sunday on the couch... Jason is exhausted from his Australia trip and I am relatively immobile (more on this below).

I can't believe I am in my 30th week. Something about that milestone makes it even more real - as if it weren't real enough at this point!

How far along?: 29 weeks, 3 days
Total weight gain: 24, and not the TV show.
Pregnancy symptoms: very tired. Clumsy - see weekly wisdom section for latest events.
Sleep: Not too bad.
Movement: She's a shaker and mover! As always, I love feeling her wiggle in my tummy. Funny how people get creeped out by it; I'm not that pregnant woman who makes everyone feel my tummy when baby kicks, but I have had people (coworkers, friends) warn me that it creeps them out to feel babies move. Weirdos. And as if I'd grab a coworkers hand and shove it on my belly!
Food cravings/ weird crap I'm eating: Nothing too weird this week!
Gender/ names: Well, we officially do not have conflicting first initials with Aunt Sarah and Uncle Kenny's baby. Phew! Still holding strong at our 2 girls and 2 boys names.
What I miss: A nice glass of red wine. Mmmm. I am planning on a nice big glass for Christmas (planned very precisely between feedings, of course!)
Best moment this week: Saturday morning when Jason got back from Australia! We missed him!
Weekly Wisdom: Warning - pregnancy and lots of weight gain has thrown off my sense of gravity. Yesterday we were at LBS for an alumni event and I totally bit it.... sprained or strained or whatever my right ankle but managed to avoid a belly bump by clinging to my husband and twisting my body around as I fell. Have spent all day on the couch with foot elevated as a result. Boo.
Milestones: Baby should be reacting to sounds at this point, and also will follow bright lights.

-Chris

2 comments:

  1. AW! Nice post, Sis. Ah, yes, the center of your gravity has changed, my dear sister. Thus the ankle sprainage! Suckaroo!!!!! Another good excuse to chill on the couch! How's the commute going? Hugs to Jason and B.V. Can't wait to meet "her"?????!!!!!! Female reference?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete