Sunday, October 11, 2009

Single digit weeks to go: 9.5!

Hi all!

Hope everyone has had a good week. We've had a busy bunch of days. Jason's birthday was on Thursday so we went out for a nice dinner after work. Saturday we had a birthday party and got to catch up with lots of friends, which was great! Today is our 3 year first-date anniversary, but we're not doing much, as tomorrow is my birthday so we'll go out for a quick bite to eat in the evening.

How far along?: 30 weeks, 3 days
Total weight gain: 25 big ones. I am aiming to stay right within the 25-35 range. Another goal is to keep below my husband's weight (!). It will be close in the end, but I think I'll manage. New bump shot on the right. (:
Pregnancy symptoms: just tired really, feeling more and more slugglish these days. Oh, and the sprained ankle from last week is taking its sweet time going away. I actually ended up working from home on Thursday because my foot was so giant and Shrek-like I desperately needed to elevate and ice it. It looks much better today, but still kind of fat and bruised. Gross.
Sleep: Pretty good.
Movement: definitely periods of lots of movement and sleepy time for baby. When I get up to go to the bathroom or to press snooze on my alarm clock, he generally gets all feisty. Yesterday Jason got to feel all the crazy movements - fun for the whole family!
Food cravings/ weird crap I'm eating: I made carrot cake and cream cheese icing for the birthday party yesterday and I really enjoyed eating the cake. And icing. And, there is a container of leftover icing in the fridge. Yum.
Gender/ names: Happy with a little girl or little boy! Can't wait to find out.
What I miss: Energy. And, bizarrely, working out.
Best moment this week: Lots of friends coming to our birthday party yesterday!
Weekly Wisdom: Pregnant women don't like it when people say 'you're so big!' or 'you're so small!' when you tell them how far along you are. One is crap for our self esteem, and the other just makes us nervous.
Milestones: Baby's lungs and digestive track are almost fully developed. All that needs to be done now is for little one to get nice and fat!

That's it for now. Jason's out for a run, so, I'm going to go have a spoonful of icing.

-Chris

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, Chrissy! By the way, the frosting thing isn't new. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete