Saturday, July 18, 2009

Almost half way there!

Hi! So I had a midwife appointment yesterday. Got to hear the baby's heartbeat, which was great, although it took the midwife a solid 60 seconds (this is a LONG time) to find it, during which time I started to freak out a bit. She reminded me that 'the baby is very small right now'. A few women had gone in before me - much much further along - and I could hear the baby's heartbeats through the closed doors! Guess I forgot I still have a mini-bump compared to their ginormous bumps. Everything else was fine.

I am still feeling pretty good and trying to appreciate it, as I know in a few months I'll slow down considerably. We've started to plot when we will make our big purchases... goal is to be done end September/ early October before I am too big to function.

How far along?: 18 weeks plus 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: 10 pounds. I'm attributing some of this to the fact that I know have 25% more blood that I did pre-baby. Crazy! Also, that's according to my scale as they don't weigh you much here during pregnancy.
Maternity clothes?: Heck yeah. Just did some shopping yesterday in London for shirts, and ordered some stuff for my Mom and Dad to bring when they come to visit in a few weeks. Shirts are the tough part now as my belly makes it pretty difficult to look acceptable in normal-people shirts.
Sleep: Much better than a few weeks ago. I credit my special pillow.
Movement: Still waiting....
Food cravings: Nope. Although Jason brough me peanut M&Ms the other night, which satisfied a craving I hadn't known I had. (:
Gender: We are less than 4 weeks away from our 22 week scan that could potentially give us the answer... but are still in the 'yellow' camp.
What I miss: Not being so lame and going to sleep at 1030. But there's a chance I was doing that pre-baby too, I don't remember.
What I am looking forward to: My parents coming to visit in a few weeks and our trip to Germany!
Best moment this week: Hearing the baby's heartbeat yesterday. Happy to know the little guy is still in there! Now just need it to give me a reassuring kick.
Weekly Wisdom: Don't ditch my husband on Tuesday nights.... it's our night to go for pizza at the pub across the street, but I made plans with a friend for dinner, and he happened to get out of work super early. Sorry honey! x
Milestones: Bibaby is probably about 6 inches long and might be able to hear my voice.

That's it for now!

-Chris

3 comments:

  1. you said .. "little guy" .. intuition??..do you know something?? a fetus is like a dog.. notice how everybody assumes it's a boy. :) :) glad you got to hear that heartbeat finally. when you are bigger they sometimes lose it again FYI (so don't freak immediately)..there's more places to turn and more fat to hide underneath :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't they all start out as girls and then grow into boys if they are going to? I have no idea at what week that transformation would occur though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw! seriously, "little guy"? Hmmmmm who knows! In a few weeks, you'll feel baby flutter! It's soooooo cool! Love ya lots! Sister

    ReplyDelete