Sunday, July 05, 2009

I love the weekend, which has nothing to do with this post.

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July! We had a pretty mellow day with Jason working most of it - booo. No bbq or fireworks for us - maybe next year. The weather has been crazy in London for the past few weeks - hot and sunny. Really nice except for the fact that we don't have air conditioning in our flat....

I continue to feel fairly normal, with the continuing tiredness and headaches. Yesterday I went to the gym for the first time in, oh, 8 weeks or so (!). I need to keep that up while I still can and am feeling okay. My belly is getting bigger - I still mostly look like I've gotten a bit fat, but when you look closer it's clear that's not all it is. Belly shot will come soon, when I'm feeling mentally strong enough. (:

How far along?: 16 weeks plus 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: oh lord. ok - here goes.... 8 pounds. Ok maybe 8.5. But in my defense, that is still in the 'normal' range. Jason did say to me today "you're a lot squishier than you used to be", followed by a little giggle. *sigh*
Maternity clothes?: Yes. I still wear a lot of non-maternity shirts but that will stop in the next week or two I think. Many many thanks to Nicole and Gwen and Connie for all their contributions to my collection!
Sleep: Not very good. My hips and legs bother me due to the stupid have-to-sleep-on-my-side thing.
Movement: Nope.
Food cravings: Nope.
Gender: Have no idea. We are now debating finding out with the new factor being the baby clothes people have been wonderful enough to send us - such cute stuff! But, we'll have 1 of two problems. Either an entire wardrobe of yellow and green, OR, both pink and blue stuff. We've already agreed that the adorable pink jumpsuit with flowers on front will not be worn by a son, even in the secrecy of our own home. (:
What I miss: Sleeping on my back.
What I am looking forward to: Feeling the little kiddo move!
Best moment this week: My wonderful husband surprising me with Oasis tickets for next Thursday night! Baby's first concert!!!!
Weekly Wisdom: Am I really supposed to have weekly wisdom?
Milestones: For me - getting back tot he gym. For baby - Bibaby is the size of a pear by now and, when it's bored, might be playing with the umbilical cord. Funny.

-Chris

5 comments:

  1. :) I remember baby first started to flutter when I went to an NHL game with Jim- he was bouncing to the music! So, it might happen at the Oasis concert! Looking forward to more posts! Much love, Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the men at work wear pink ties now and then... but then, this is New York. What's with the no back-sleeping? Is that new science?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The no back-sleeping thing - I don't think it's new science, just a weird thing that you never hear about until you are pregnant. Something about the pressure of the baby cutting down circulation on some major arteries to the uterus and legs. Annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like it would be really bad. I can't sleep on my back and I was always worried because I thought it was mandatory when you're pregnant. Didn't some beautiful TV personality write a book about all the things you never hear about pregnancy until you're pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes - Jenny McCarthy! My sister JUST sent me that book and it is absolutely cracking me up. So awesome. (:

    ReplyDelete