Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ice cream - mmmmmm.

Ahhhh the weekend. Today we are off to the Ben & Jerry festival - what a perfect event for a pregnant woman! Lots and lots of ice cream. Mmmm.

I feel pretty good overall these days. Headaches seem to have left me (knock every piece of wood you can reach) and I'm mostly just tired. I can get through the work day but crash pretty hard at night. But, the good news is that in just a few days I'll be halfway through my pregnancy!!!!!!

How far along?: 19 weeks plus 2 days.
Total weight gain/loss: 10-12 pounds, depending on the day.
Maternity clothes?: Yes sir, may I have another.
Sleep: Good, and I need lots of it. Went to Birmingham for the day for work on Thursday and was SO beat.... last night I slept 11 hours.
Movement: Hellloooooo baaaaaaby.... are you in there?? Each night when Jason chats with the baby he tells it to give mom a big kick, but alas, baby does not follow directions well.
Food cravings: COOKIES! Luckily, Connie sent us a huge shipment of her mint chocolate chip and peanut butter home made cookies. So delicious!!!
Gender: Yellow, green, beige, orange, etc.
What I miss: I still yearn to sleep on my back. Only 20 weeks to go! Although I probably won't be 'sleeping' much then....
What I am looking forward to: Seeing Grandma and Grandpa K this week
Best moment this week: Best hubby ever surprising me with sold-out Ben and Jerry's festival tickets! He is full of surprises these days!
Weekly Wisdom: I really do need to get 8 hours sleep a night at this point in my life. Maybe it's being stored in my body in preparation for the first months baby is in the world and I'm not sleeping much at all??
Milestones: Baby might be getting hair!!

Enjoy your weekends!

-Chris

1 comment:

  1. That's great that your parents are visiting this week!

    ReplyDelete