Saturday, July 11, 2009

Getting thicker.

Time is flying by! I am definitely still pregnant. I'm getting..... thicker. See the 17 week photo of me on the right. Next week I have my next midwife appointment. Looking forward to it - hopefully they'll let me hear the baby's heartbeat but I'm not sure they do that at the clinic. Might have to wait until Aug 13 which is our next scan.

Today we are going to the going away party of our friends who have a little girl. Too bad as she is my closest girl friend with a kid and would have been really useful to have around! Tomorrow is the Oasis concert - can't wait but it'll be a looooong day.

Here's how I'm getting along:

How far along?: 17 weeks plus 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: 9 pounds. I swear it's still within 'normal' even though it sounds scary. For all you lacking the know, I'm scheduled to gain a pound a week until the baby comes. Holy canolia.
Maternity clothes?: All in.
Sleep: Still struggling a bit, but I bought this gigantic funny-looking maternity pillow to sleep on. It takes up well over my half of the bed, but it's done a pretty good job supporting my hips and back and shoulders so I'm not as achy any more.
Movement: Nada.
Food cravings: Not really.
Gender: We're not going to find out, almost for sure. When we tell people that half of them look at us like we're crazy, and the other half think it's the best idea ever.
What I miss: Having a glass of wine with some smelly cheese. Mmmmm.
What I am looking forward to: Feeling the little guy move. Any day now!
Best moment this week: I told a few more coworkers I am pregnant and had some great reactions - mostly from women who are mums already, which isn't surprising. They were soooo excited for me it was cute! One was going on and on about how much they'll miss me when I leave for maternity leave because I'm such an asset to the team... that was nice. This was also the woman who admitted she noticed I'd gained a few pounds but thought I was just relaxing after getting skinny for the wedding. She is awesome - she doesn't beat around the bush! (:
Weekly Wisdom: I need to work out more.... I was all in last weekend then lost it during the week. Trying to get my pregnant butt to the gym right now...
Milestones: Bibaby's eyes are now they should be, in front of its head. Apparantly, the eyes were previously on the sides of its head. Weird.

-Chris

2 comments:

  1. Your blog makes me happy when I'm working on a Saturday. Please keep it coming. Love the belly picture, even though you are still tiny. I and a lot of my friends, and heck, a lot of Kevin's friends have a bigger bellies and we are not pregnant. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks, although I saw you at your wedding a few weeks ago so certainly don't believe that you have a big belly. And... just give me a few more weeks and I'll be enormous. (:

    ReplyDelete