Sunday, November 22, 2009

Almost full term!

We hope everyone is having a good weekend! We are getting closer and closer to D day. At 37 weeks - in 3 days - I am considered full term. Crazy. I only have 2 more weeks of work to go - it's a weird feeling to be handing over my brands and becoming less and less important at work... luckily I will soon be very important to one little super cute bundle of joy.

We've been doing a bit of nesting this weekend. Lots of laundry, cleaning up the flat, organizing to make room for baby. Our flat feels much smaller than before with the piles of baby stuff we've been gathering. We are also 75% done getting our hospital bag together. It's more complicated than it sounds, actually.

Here's our update:

How far along?: 36 weeks, 4 days
Total weight gain: I am officially no longer answering this question, and no longer getting on the scale in the mornings. Pointless. And kind of sad.
Pregnancy symptoms: Very tired. Difficult to walk, get up off the couch, etc. I groan a lot when I move around. Ankles are huge. Fingers are stuffed sausages (my rings now live around my neck on a chain).
Sleep: I've abandoned my maternity pillow as I think it is now making me sleep worse, rather than better. I wake up a zillion times in the night. These days, Jason spends about half the night in our room then retreats to the 2nd bedroom because I am not a pleasant bedmate.
Movement: Baby is still in there and kickin'.
Food cravings/ weird crap I'm eating: We pinpointed my food obsession for the pregnancy - Doritos. I disgust myself when I eat a half a bag in one sitting, and then smell like Cool Ranch for the next 12 hours. Ewwwww. That is the first nasty habit I need to cut when baby comes.
Gender/ names: Got a bit of a 'it's a boy' feeling this week, but we'll see.
What I miss: Sleeping well.
Best moment this week: So last week I mentioned Jason doing the first load of baby laundry... yesterday I swear he spent 12 hours doing laundry. Our baby has a LOT of crap!!! Especially 0-3 month onsies, towels, and blankets... no more, no more!!!! (:
Weekly Wisdom: When your upstairs neighbor is going to do 20+ hours of sanding and hammering the floor over 3 days, don't be home sick (Jason) or 36+ weeks pregnant.
Milestones: On Wednesday I will be considered full term!!! If baby comes at any time after that they will not try to stop the labor. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment