Friday, November 06, 2009

Midwife appointment

I had a midwife appointment today and it went well. I had 2 midwives - one was a student midwife.

They measured me for the first time! My fundal height is 34 cm - apparently you should be measuring within 2 cms of the number of weeks you are, and as I am 34 weeks, seems perfect to me. They said I'm measuring just fine, so all the people who have been telling me how small I am can just shut up. (: My blood pressure is fine and baby's heartbeat is totally normal. Baby is behaving well and staying head down.

When asked about swelling, I showed them my shrek-like foot/ankle/ leg (the right one) and they were appropriately sympathetic. I've also had to stop wearing my wedding rings as they get really tight when I am hot. They live on a chain around my neck. But, they both complimented me and said the bump is nice and neat and my skin around looked really good. So, nasty legs, but nice bump. (:

Anyway - that's my update for now!

-Chris

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your midwife appointment went well. Bad legs, good belly.... excellent! Also glad to hear that your blood pressure is good as well. Love you lots! HUGS! G

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s. HOLY CRAP! 6 MORE WEEKS! g

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think when people say you're small, they mean you still look thin/good everywhere but the bump. But lemme-not-get-involved in this debate at all because you don't seem to like it any which way.

    ReplyDelete