Sunday, November 08, 2009

Baby shower!

Hi!

We had a really good week this week, ending yesterday with a great baby shower planned by Jason (seriously - whose husband would do that besides mine??). 8 of my London friends came over to celebrate the little bundle of joy growing inside me, and I even had a few US visitors attending via webcam. (: It was so fun to play the baby games (again created by hubby) - baby food tasting and baby scattergories were my favorites - and open lots of fun presents for baby.

Thanks to all who attended and mostly to the best husband ever for planning this for me. xo

How far along?: 34 weeks, 4 days
Total weight gain: 29 lbs
Pregnancy symptoms: Exhausted. Back hurts. Getting more and more awkward and umcomfortable.
Sleep: Ugh. My quality of sleep has declined pretty dramatically. I am umcomfy and flipping over is a huge project and wakes everyone up (dad, mom, baby) each time it happens.
Movement: Getting a bit more forceful - sometimes takes my breath away!
Food cravings/ weird crap I'm eating: Lots of sweets at the baby shower - yum.
Gender/ names: We've got our confirmed name choices! We've agreed they are only 99% confirmed, so if we are really inspired when we see baby we can change our minds, but I don't buy the whole when-you-see-him/her-you'll-know-the-name story.
What I miss: Deep, uninterrupted sleep. Tieing my shoes withing serious discomfort. A nice glass of wine. Salami. Smelly cheese (although I did eat a bit of Brie yesterday).
Best moment this week: My fabulous baby shower!
Weekly Wisdom: As I get farther along in this pregnancy, I need to do less and less on weekday nights due to my severely depleted stores of energy.
Milestones: By the end of this week, baby's hearing will be fully developed! We went to a loud soccer game last Saturday, watched fireworks on Thursday night (Guy Fawkes night - a British thing), and watched the big England-Australia rugby game at a pub yesterday (really, really loud fans), so baby must think Mom and Dad have the loudest lives ever. (:

-Chris

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS! Post pics of the shower if you can! funny re: soccer game - maybe baby's first word will be "GGGOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAALLLL!"

    :) :) xoxoxoo Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's baby behaving this week? Any rib shots???!! xo G

    ReplyDelete